Here are the 5 best blogging platforms to make money. To make money means building a content business on one of these recommended blogging platforms.
Blogging is a great way to plant the seed to grow a business, WordPress is our top recommendation.
Please check out the all the options below:
WordPress - Best of The Best
- WordPress is a popular blogging and open-source platform that is already optimized for SEO.
- It is easy to use for new bloggers, and doesn’t require advanced technical knowledge or experience.
- It offers multiple ways to monetize content and gives bloggers total control and ownership over the content they create.
- Tons of plugins to use to customize your business website to sell products and services
Medium - Piggyback Domain Authority
- Medium is a blogging-specific platform that allows anyone to quickly create and publish a post.
- Medium has a popular Partner Program that helps writers get paid for the articles that they post on the platform.
- The Partner Program is a great starting point for getting paid for blogging, learning how to write blogs, and building an audience
- Medium has high domain authority to rank your content faster that you might not able to on your new website
- Wix is a popular website building and blogging platform that features a drag-and-drop website builder tool.
- It has a wide variety of free templates and designs to customize your blog and make it your own.
- There are eCommerce and other plug-ins you can use in the paid subscription version.
- Ghost is a simple blogging platform that is great for writers and journalists.
- It offers SEO tools and other plug-ins to make optimizing content easier, and is easy to use for beginners.
- Ghost offers a wide range of potential services you can provide, like newsletters, membership sites, gated content, and even online courses.
- Blogger is a free and easy-to-use tool that allows writers to get started without advanced technical knowledge.
- Blogger is owned by Google and is accessible to anyone with a Google email.
- It gives you multiple options for monetizing your content and gives you complete control over the content and the website you create on the platform.
What To Look For
The best blogging platform isn't necessary the one that will automatically generate revenue if the content isn't up to part. When looking for a blogging platform, here are things you should pay attention to:
Many blogging platform or known as content management system should allow the user to easily customize the website's layout. In another word, the platform should allow the installation of theme.
WordPress is the easiest platform to do so with thousands of theme options available, paid or free.
Making money is the ultimate goal for a blogging platform, and there are so many ways to do so.
Some are extremely easy and some require a bit of technical editing such as iframe or html edits.
For the most part, most blogging platform allows the user to add buttons, , add banner ads, or hyperlink text that lead to a product page (or affiliate products).
Ease Of Use
Ease of use is subjective to different users. WordPress may seem intimating in the beginning, but it's really not that hard once you get used to its interface. Some feature tabs are only useful when first setting up the website, then you will never touch them again.
Some require a bit of backend code editing to add special features to your blog such as: buttons, autorotational ads, drop down menu, images, calculator, opt in box and more
Backend editing are something experienced website owners want. Most blogging platform allows the user to edit html or CSS files that can't be done on the front end.
Backend editing allows the users to further optimize the website
WordPress is the best CMS as far as plugin compatibility goes. Users can install a wide range of plugins for different applications to make your content more useful.
Users can also integrate special features such as Email automation or apps to tools like Zapier to move your business forward faster and easier.