Here are the 6 helpful resources for copywriting experts. Whether you are starting out new or need some guidance that can help your writing right now in your projects.
Please check out these affordable readings that we have found to be more helpful than most over hyped high ticket online courses that cost over $1000 - 20K..
The Copywriter's Handbook by Robert Bly
This comprehensive guide covers the fundamentals of copywriting, including how to write headlines, craft compelling offers and body paragraphs more readable, and use persuasive language to write headlines and body for the internet age.
This book covers writing skills required for:
- Direct response marketing
- Ads that sell for the web
- Technical business writing
- B2B writing
- Elements of writing to sell
- Elements of writing to communicate
- Public relations and multimedia writing
Here is a free version we found, and the newest 3rd edition can be purchased here .
This is the third edition of the book and it has been revised. It includes new information about copywriting for the Internet, including advice on Web- and e-mail-based copywriting, multimedia presentations, and Internet research and source documentation.
The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White
This classic style guide is a must-read for any copywriter. It covers the basics of grammar, punctuation, and style, and is an excellent resource for improving your writing skills.
It's not so much focused on business writing, but the core skills covered in this book is transferable to your business.
Some of the key principles outlined in "The Elements of Style" include:
- Omit needless words: Concise writing is more effective than wordy writing, so it's important to eliminate unnecessary words whenever possible.
- Use active voice: Writing in the active voice makes your writing more direct and engaging.
- Use specific nouns and verbs: Specific language is more powerful than vague or abstract language.
- Avoid jargon: Jargon is specialized language that is often difficult for outsiders to understand.
- Be clear and concise: A clear, concise writing style helps your readers understand your message more easily.
Copyblogger - One of the Top Online Resources Available
This website offers a variety of resources for copywriters, including articles, ebooks, and online courses. The site covers a wide range of writing topics covered in articles, Ebooks, online courses and webinars.
Some of their top copywriting resources can be found here:
SEO masterclass - Learn SEO from the perspective of copywriter where the writing format isn't so cookie cutter
37 Email Marketing Writing Tips - Write attention grabbing Email content that get opened, read and clicked
7 Powerful Triggers To YES - Writing in a way to get the small yes that lead to bigger yes without saying more.
Copyblogger Podcast - Listen to copywriting and business tips while on the go
Paid Course - Copyblogger Academy is a community people can join and get the most up to date content marketing writing resources. It's a place to connect with already successful and on the way to success copywriters and business owners. Highly recommended
The Adweek Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugarman
Sugarman is a writer and businessman, and in this book, he talks about how to write persuasive and interesting copy that will make people want to buy things. Joe Sugarman provides tips and advice on what it takes to write great copy.
The book includes chapters on different topics related to writing effective advertisements, such as
- How to write headlines
- Create calls to action that is clearly communicated
- Use storytelling techniques to appeal to different audiences
Overall, The Adweek Copywriting Handbook is a helpful guide for anyone who wants to learn how to write better ads, whether you are just starting out or you have some experience already.
The Content Marketing Institute
ContentMarketingInstitute.com is full of tips, tricks, and advice from content marketing experts, as well as comments and contributions from our active community of content practitioners at brands and agencies.
Some of the top resources for content writers and copywriters right now:
- 7+ Skills Every Content Marketer Needs To Be Great
- Content Creation Process 101
- 12 Things To Do After Writing A new Blog Post
- Instagram Font Hacks That Make A Difference (Yes, font matters)
- 37 Content Writing Examples
See more on contentmarketinginstitute.com
The Copywriting Master Class by Neville Medhora
This online course is designed for copywriters who want to improve their skills and increase their income. The course covers a range of topics, including how to write persuasive copy, create compelling headlines, and use psychology in copywriting.
See more of Neville Medhora's copywriting content here
Please check out there resources relevant to article writing: